YOU CAN SUPPORT THE LIVING ARTS AND SCIENCE CENTER BY:
Become a member of Joseph-Beths Give Back Program
Joseph-Beth Booksellers Rewards the Living Arts & Science Center
The Living Arts & Science Center is honored to have been selected by Joseph-Beth Booksellers as one of five community non-profit organizations to benefit from Joseph-Beth’s Gives Back Preferred Customer Program in which a percentage of members purchases will be donated back to the community partner. In the past year the LASC has received over $2000 from this program.
PLEASE read the details below to see how you can join the Preferred Customer program, earn great discounts and perks for yourself, PLUS generate contributions for the Living Arts & Science Center.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
At Joseph-Beth, or by visiting their site found here, purchase a $25.00 Membership card (keep reading – you will get the $25 back!) and select the Living Arts & Science Center as your community partner.
The Membership Card will provide you with a year’s worth of the following benefits:
- A $25 coupon for Bronte Bistro (Joseph-Beth’s restaurant)
- A $10 coupon for every $200 you spend in the store
- A $10 coupon for every $200 you spend in the bistro
- A 30% discount on JB Hardcover bestsellers
- A 30% discount on select new CD and DVD releases
- A 20% discount on Staff Picks and Book Club Picks
- A FREE breakfast, lunch or dinner entrée in the bistro on your Birthday
- AND, a percentage of all your bookstore purchases will be donated back to the community partner of your choice!
Please take advantage of this great opportunity to support the Living Arts & Science Center through your regular shopping and purchasing that you do through Joseph-Beth. Encourage your friends, colleagues and family members to purchase a card and select the Living Arts & Science Center as their community partner. This will only be successful for the Living Arts & Science Center if we are able to encourage lots of people to sign-up and to select us as the beneficiary group.
Thanks very much for your support!
You will receive your membership card and $25.00 Bistro coupon at the time of purchase. However to receive your free Birthday meal you MUST validate your card on the Joseph-Beth website.
Making an Individual Donation
As a Donor to the LASC, you help us launch new, important, groundbreaking programs, support innovative educational endeavors, and sustain this extraordinary learning facility.
Making a Matching Gift
Many companies match employees’ contributions to charity. Please check with your human resources department to find out if your company has such a program and if so, please include the appropriate matching gift form with your donation.
Making an Honorary or Memorial Gift
There are many ways to honor and remember the events of your life and the lives of those dear to you. Through an Honorary or Memorial Gift, you can ensure a special remembrance while helping us to continue to make creative and unique opportunities in the arts and sciences accessible to all. Click here to donate now.
Sponsoring an event or program
The LASC welcomes partnerships with corporations to present its exciting programs to local audiences. Sponsors receive substantial recognition and prominent exposure for your generosity, to select market audiences within Central Kentucky. When funding the LASC, you support science and art education while investing in the future of the Central Kentucky community as a whole. The LASC will work with you to develop a plan that meets your objectives and budget.
For more information please contact Heather Lyons @ (859) 252-5222 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Making a Corporate Donation
Become an annual Corporate Donor and join this vital community of donors, who through their corporate contributions help sustain the LASC’s mission to “provide creative and unique opportunities for exploration and education in the arts and sciences”.
Combining Philanthropy with Planned Giving
In addition to making outright gifts of cash or securities that benefit the LASC today, supporters can respond to the need to help secure the financial future of the LASC by making a planned gift. There are many ways that you can help the LASC and accomplish your philanthropic and financial goals. Please consider any of the methods below.
- Make a bequest: Instruct your attorney to include a charitable bequest for the LASC in your will or living trust.
- Donate life insurance policy proceeds: Perhaps you find that a life insurance policy once necessary for your family’s security is no longer needed because your children are now independent and other assets are providing adequate income and resources for their future. You can name the LASC as the future beneficiary of the policy.
- Create a charitable remainder trust: Name the LASC as the recipient of an irrevocable trust that can provide income for you or a named beneficiary for a fixed period of years (often for the lifetime of the individual). At the end of the term of the trust, the remaining trust assets are distributed to the LASC. Cash, stock, or real estate can be used to fund the trust. Trusts are highly flexible gift-planning tools that have enabled donors to accomplish a variety of important personal financial goals and ultimately provide an important gift to charity.
These are just some examples of how you may include the LASC in your gift-planning efforts. Gifts of this nature should be carefully considered in relation to your financial and estate plans and goals. We recommend that you consult an attorney, financial advisor, or estate-planning expert in the preparation of your will and to supervise its execution to comply with the requirements of the state in which you reside.
Contact the LASC about Planned Giving
If you would like more information about donating to the LASC, making a planned gift, or if you have already included the LASC in your estate plans and need assistance in making certain that your intentions will be carried out, please contact Heather Lyons @ (859) 252-5222 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.