he Living Arts & Science Center provides creative and unique opportunities for exploration and education in the arts and sciences, and has for over 47 years. Since the humble beginnings in 1968 many dedicated teachers and volunteers have made the LASC a trusted creative resource and a stimulating force that makes Central Kentucky a better place.
The LASC now serves a diverse Kentucky audience of children and adults through year-round programming such as:
- over 300 classes and workshops for children and adults
- hands-on field trip programs for over 7500 school children
- WOW: Wonders on Wheels interactive programs traveling throughout the state
- 6-8 art gallery exhibits
- monthly interactive Discovery Night Programs
- in-school and after-school art and science programs
- professional development for teachers
- free arts and science programs for social service agencies, community centers and alternative schools
- a scholarship program for students with financial need
- free annual community events such as the Day of the Dead Festival and Family Fun Day
With the opening of our new 11,000 square foot addition in the spring of 2016, the Living Arts & Science Center envisions an environment that transparently and organically represents the arts and sciences not only through the programs that take place within but through the very structure itself.
Please stop in and see why the Living Arts & Science Center is…the place where creativity grows!